Kimberton Fire Company
Kimberton Fire Company
Kimberton Fire Company

Web Counters
Website Visitors
March 18, 2014
Visitors Today
Sep 28, 2020


Here are some answers to the most commonly asked questions about the Covered Bridge Room and our other rental facilities:

Question:  Do you provide the tables and chairs?
Covered Bridge Room:  (25) 72” round tables and many 8’ long banquet tables.  200 upholstered banquet chairs.  The round tables seat 8-10 people.  The banquet tables seat 8 people.  The Covered Bridge Room provides the set up/tear down of our tables and chairs.  Set up of any rental items from an outside source are the responsibility of the Contracting Party.

“A” Building:  (65) 8’ tables and 200 metal chairs.

Pavilions:  Wooden picnic tables

Question:  Is it required to use the Fire Company Auxiliary for catering?

Covered Bridge Room:  We rent our facility with Fire Company Auxiliary catering or with an outside caterer.  Outside caterers must be licensed, insured caterers and pre-approved.  

“A” Building/Pavilions/Grounds:   Contracting Party must provide their own food/beverage service.  These facilities do not feature an onsite kitchen.  Onsite food and beverages services must be by licensed and insured caterers pre-approved by Kimberton Fire Company.

Question:  Can we rent your Kitchen facility for our certified kitchen for our business?
Answer:  No, our commitments to our other rentals and Kimberton Fire Company events do not allow us to rent out our kitchen to outside businesses.

Question:  Do you provide cakes with your catering?
Answer:  No.  You would need to find an outside vendor for cakes.  

Question:  Can I bring in my own homemade food?

Private Party functions – the Contracting party has responsibility of any food/beverages. 

Public events – Contracting party is responsible for all permits, licenses and certified food managers.  Verify  that Food Vendors are compliant and registered with the Chester County Health Department.  Contact Michael Takach at 610-344-6574 or between the hours of 8:00 - 10:00 AM, Monday-Friday.  

NOTE:  If using the Fire Company Auxiliary catering, we cannot allow homemade cooked foods to be brought in and served with our onsite prepared food due to health department licensing regulations.  You are allowed to bring in bakery items such as cakes and cookies from an outside source.

If you are using an outside caterer, you would need to check with them on their rules about bringing in your own homemade food.

Question:  Do you have linens?  Do your linens include chair covers?
Answer:   We do not own linens.  We rent from The Party Center in Phoenixville.  If Kimberton Fire Company Auxiliary is the caterer, we include the linens in with our catering price, and work with the Contracting Party on styles and color choices.   Our linen options do not include chair covers. 

Our Banquet Chairs are upholstered and measure as follows: Total Height:  33-5/8";  Seat Height:  18" from floor;  Seat Width:    17.25";   Seat Depth:  16";   Backrest Width:  14.5" at the widest point.  Top of Backrest is slightly squared.

Question:  Are candles allowed?
Answer:  Candles are permitted as long as the flame is contained within a vessel (ie – no open flame) and wax will be able to drip and be completely collected in a fireproof base container.   We are a fire company, but we don’t want to be on the day of your event!

Question:  Is alcohol permitted?
Answer:  Alcoholic beverages are permitted; however the Contracting Party and/or Caterer are fully responsible for obtaining all Special Occasion liquor permits, liquor liability insurance, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, party goods (ex: glasses, pitchers, napkins, plates, stirrers) and bartenders.

The Kimberton Fire Company does not carry liquor liability, nor will it sponsor a temporary liquor license, for other organizations.   

Contracting Parties should verify with the PA Liquor Control Board to determine if a Special Occasion Permit is required for their event (ex: Beef and Beer events that include the beer as part of the price of admission need to have a license).  Contact the PA Liquor Control Board Licensing Center at (717) 783-8250 or by logging onto, clicking on “Licensing”, then “Special Permits” and then choosing the special occasion permit packet.

Alcoholic beverages, by State law, may not be served to or consumed by persons under the age of 21.  Serving of alcoholic beverages must cease ½ hour before the event end time.  The Covered Bridge Room management reserves the right to cease any bar operations for just cause.

Question:  Must we use a certified bartender?
Answer:  Bartenders are required to be neutral third-party persons who are professional or semi-professional bartenders, and may not be just friends or relatives of the Contracting Party.

TIPS certified highly recommended (Training for Intervention ProcedureS - alcohol training and certification program that is designed to prevent intoxication, underage drinking, and drunk driving by enhancing the fundamental "people skills" of servers, sellers and consumers of alcohol.)   

Any bartenders must remain with the bar at all times, and may not consume alcoholic beverages while on duty.  We have references if you need them.

Question:  Can we have more than one brand of beer on tap?
Answer:  The Covered Bridge Room has one (1) beer meister with a tap.  It holds a ½ keg.  We also have a tub for a second tap if you are offering a second beer choice.   The 2nd tap must be rented, and the tub must be filled with bagged ice that has been purchased separately since our ice machine only generates enough to accommodate the bar drinks.

Question:  Can we pay for an extra hour of event time?
Answer:  Yes.  However, everyone and everything must be removed from the facility by the time listed on your contract at which time everyone and everything that the Contracting Party brought into the facility is removed.

Question:  Can we hold the wedding ceremony at your facility?
Answer:  Yes.  If you need to extend the normal rental time to accommodate the ceremony, there is an additional charge per your contract.    We do not set up our tables/chairs outside, so if an outside wedding is requested, the Contracting Party would need to make arrangements to secure tables/chairs and the setup/tear down of these items.

Question:  Are there decorating restrictions?
Decorations are at the discretion and cost of the Contracting Party. 

Candles are permitted as long as the flame is contained within a vessel (ie – no open flame) and wax will be able to drip and be completely collected in a fireproof base container. 

Wall decorations may be secured on the existing hooks. 

No decoration may permanently alter the facility.

The following are prohibited in the Covered Bridge Room:

  • Tape on the floor and walls  
  • Glitter or confetti on anything
  • Bubbles inside the building
  • Electrical cords in walkways

If the rules are not followed, monies will be deducted from the refundable damage security deposit.


Website Designed and Hosted By: Content Proudly Maintained By: Contact Info:
Firehouse Solutions
Kimberton Fire Company
Physical Address: 61 Firehouse Lane
GPS Address: 2276 Kimberton Road
Kimberton, PA 19442
Emergency Dial 911
Non-Emergency: 610-935-1388
Station Fax: 610-935-3956
Auxiliary/Donuts: 610-935-1388 EXT 4
Copyright © 2020 Firehouse Solutions (A Service of Technology Reflections, Inc.)